I caught Bohemian Rhapsody when it was shown here in the Philippines because NSBF had been bugging me to see it. I’m sure glad I did.
Here are my thoughts while watching the film, reposted from my Facebook page. Spoilers, obviously.
- Why do we even need to hold an Oscars night? Just ship that Best Actor trophy to Rami Malek.
- Seriously, Rami is such a delight to watch.
- No other character is more relatable than Mary Austin. I feel you girl.
- The movie brought me back to the times when live performances were enjoyed in a very pure way, without the “pictures or videos I need to share on instagram”.
- This also highlighted the part of music where lyrics is still essential. We often forget that a song is another form of poetry. My anaconda don’t. My anaconda don’t.
- I loved how they showed Freddie’s struggles and pain, but did not show his slow demise. He was still depicted in a very dignified way. I love it!
- I’m so happy about the PERFECT placement of my favorite Queen song (Dont Stop Me Now).
Is Bohemian Rhapsody worthy of an Oscar? I think so. So it all boils down to it’s competition.
Also, give that young man Rami Malek his Oscars.