The last movie on my list!
Will contain spoilers. Here are my thoughts.
- This is probably the most intimate movie I’ve ever seen.
- Nothing is happening. No major conflict, and the plot is basically non-existent. Yet Boyhood’s story is astonishing.
- After watching the movie, I told myself “I liked it. I liked it a lot”, but I just cant put my finger on why i liked it. I was moved by the movie, but I dont know how. I just have this sense of loss when I saw the ending credit roll
- Although it runs for almost three hours, I wish it could be longer.
- I adored their mom, Olivia’s struggles. Not “HAHA SUFFER, BITCH” kind of adoration, but I love watching how she’s a victim of domestic abuse at one scene, and triumphant at the next, and broke at the next. Her last scene was a little underwhelming, but the whole point of it was beautiful.
- That’s the beauty of Boyhood, there’s not plot so you can’t predict anything. You just watch the marvelous transformation of each character with each scene.
- My favorite will always be Sam.
- Birdman and Boyhood’s Directions are both freaking awesome.
Now that I am done with all the Oscars nominees, I honestly dont know what I want and what would win. Boyhood or Birdman are probably going to win, and I will happy accept if one of them will. Even Whiplash and the Theory of Everything. Or even The Grand Budapest Hotel.
This is a good year for Oscars.