As I’ve said in my previous post, I decided to try Kris Aquino’s newly-launched cosmetic line because I’m obsessed with her and her SocMed videos. Wait, did I admit that on my last post? Ignore that if I didn’t.
Today, let’s talk about her Matte Matic Lipstick. She released two shades – Love (the red one) and Life (the not-red one).
These sell for P245 each, and in the form of crayola lippies.
There’s really not much range on the color because there are literally just two shades.
This is how much you’re getting on the tube. The product itself was firm so this will probably last you a long time, even if used regularly.
Here are the swatches.
Here’s what Love looks like on my lips. It’s a straight up red.
And here’s Life. When I see photos of this shade, I thought it was a bright pink. It’s more of a muted pink with purple undertone.
Here are my thoughts
- Kris’ Matte Matic Lipstick could be viewed two ways : a.) you get what you paid for b.) they’re worth what you paid it for. I know that sounded the same, so let me explain.
- You get what you paid for because for P275, don’t expact anything Fenti Beauty-esq about them. They’re P275. They’re Ever Bilena.
- They’re worth what you paid for because for P275, they’re money well spent. They’re not horrible lippies.
- But then again, there’s not much room for errors for these kinds of lippies. I think the make or break product for this collaboration would be the liquid lippies (EB has pretty decent liquid lippies, so I will not be suprised if Kris’ will be decent as well).
- Packaging was lit. Packaging did not look like these cost less than P300.
- Quality wise – again, it’s decent. These glide soooo smoothly, but I needed to use lip liners because even though these came in crayon form, it’s still pretty hard to be accurate in application with their chubby ends.
- I didnt like the smell, but I’m not bothered by it.
- Again, these glide well and somewhat moisturizing to the lips. Not VERY, but more than you can expect from a matte lippie.
- When applied, they looked matte, but the healthy kind of matte.
- Longevity is a downer, but considering their price – it’s decent. They survived my morning coffees but not my lunches. Without eating, or drinking with straw, these can survive a solid six hours, I guess.
- The color selection is also a downer. The red is a red I have seen before. Life, on the other hand, is a color that I initially didnt care for but adore the more I wear it. I love how flattering it looked on me, but looked more flattering on complexion less fairer than me. Usually shades for morena do not look good on me, but this one might be one of the few exceptions.
Will I recommend these to friends? Well, not recommend, but I will not stop you from buying it. Again, these are decent lippies for less than P300. Life is a pretty color you might want to check out. If you’re obsessed with Kris, I require you to buy this.
Do you want me to feature a particular lippie here on Lippie Tuesday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Lippie Tuesdays here 🙂