Movie info from RT:
Now that Chris and his girlfriend, Rose, have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family’s overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter’s interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he could have never imagined.
Here are my thoughts:
- Oh man. Where do I even start.
- All the hype this movie was getting – totally worth it.
- Get Out is a weird, weird movie with tons of smart and brave social commentary.
- The movie tackled racism not in a preachy way but holy crap, did it work so, so effectively.
- I suggest that don’t ready anything about the movie if you want to watch it.
Again, I have yet to watch an Oscar-nominated movie that I didnt like this year. I am sooo impressed with this year’s selection. Although Dunkirk and The Shape Of Water were more superior film making, i found that I enjoyed Get Out the most.