Sephora released a collection named #Lipstories Lipsticks with extensive color range, and choices of three finishes – matte, cream, and metallic.
These are sold for Php 497 at the Sephora PH website/application.
The lippies are enclosed in these tube made of flimsy material. The container looked cheap, but pretty. And you guys know me – I love pretty stuff.
I am a BIG fan of their creamy lip stain, so I grabbed myself three colors of #lipstories to try. I don’t really like metallics, so I bought two mattes and a cream.
#14 Twolips (matte) is a bright fuchsia, #20 Buzz Me (cream) is a subtle peach, and #22 A Little Magic (matte) is a classic red.
Here are the swatches:
- The lipsticks are not bad, but I’m not blown away by them.
- Longevity depends on the color. The red one and the peachy one did not last that long, but the fuchsia had an impressive staying power. Twolips was worth the money, but the other two – not quite.
- All of them were comfortable to wear. I would not exactly call them mattes also. As you can see on the photo above, there were some shine.
- If I were you, I’ll spend my money on Maybelline Creamy Mattes or Loaded Bolds instead. Unless you buy these on a cheaper price, I would suggest you pass on these lippies.
- If you think you find a very pretty color among the collection and it spoke to you, go ahead and buy it. I feel like that’s the only valid reason to buy this. Again, these are not bad, but I think I can find a less-expensive, better performing lippie.
Like all my Sephora purchases, I got some pretty dope freebies with my lippes. This include a mini Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick.