I was not able to control myself I bought two more Juvia’s Place eyeshadow palettes. I got their new Magic palette as well as their first (I think) palette Masquerade, but the mini version.
(I ordered via MSB, and I paid Php800+ on shipping. That’s probably my most expensive MSB shipping to date)
You can find my review on the Nubian II and Saharan palettes as well as the Saharan Eyeliner here.
These two ARE GORGEOUS.
The Magic Palette’s pans are large, the same size as their Nubian II, while the Masquerade Mini’s pans are as small as their Saharan palette. The full-size Masquerade costs more, but the pans are obviously larger.
MAGIC BY JUVIA’S PLACE ($35.00)
These palette is just a splash of color and glimmer like all their other palettes. However, like the Saharan, it kind of has a color palette in mind, not like the Nubian II which has a color palette with no rhyme or reason (I’m not complaining tho).
Here are the swatches:
Nubia, Zakiya, Osun, Kesi
Zuba, Nana, Boronu, Kogi
Faso, Aja, Vai, Yemoja
Ife, Yara, Buzo, Yejide
MASQUERADE MINI PALETTE ($28.00)
If you’re wondering what JP palette to get and you’re new to make up, go with this one. I like that there’s an equal amount of muted, brown, earth shades and jewel, intense splash of colors. You can use the brown ones as transition colors or everyday make up, and pop in the blues and greens and purples and pink if you need a little ba-bam.
Here are the swatches:
Chi, Mali, Dalia, Zola
Makeda, Zobo, Calabar, Bori
Giza, Burkina, Cairo, Ada
Dahlia, Zulu, Casablanca, Fulani
Here are my thoughts:
- I think it’s no secret that I absolutely adore Juvia’s Place palettes. They’re super pigmented and they last all day on the lids. Plus, there are a lot of colors to choose from also, they are relatively cheaper than most highend palettes.
- You dont have to buy all of JP’s palettes you know. Just pick one with a color you are more likely to use everyday. I love my shadows poppin so I DO use these everyday. But again, if you’re a beginner I suggest to go with the Masquerade.
- It is important to note that the earlier released palettes (the masquerade and nubian) will stain your eyelids. It’s nothing to be cause of concern, but I just need to mention that. It will go away in the morning if you remove your makeup before going to bed (as you should!)
- I will try to do a comparative post and will determine if there are identical shades within the four palettes I owned.
- I already depoted my Nubian II and Saharan, and will also depot these two.
Do you own a Juvia’s Place palette? What do you think? What’s your favorite shadow?
Do you want me to feature something here on Feature Friday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Feature Fridays here 🙂