I’m SOOOO sorry that I have not posted anything new since forever. As you can see on the photo above (if you can still see it if you’re reading this on the future), Photobucket fucked up everything and there are a lot of things to be done and I simply do not have the time to post something new if there are a lot of broken links to be fixed.
Anyway, I’m just going to leave you with three posts this week, just tom make up with lost time.
Let’s start with a lipstick review.
Kat Von D had just recently launched at Sephora Philippines and I immediately grabbed a couple of lippies.
I know that’s a little bit excessive, but I recently found out that there is no Sephora in Hong Kong and I have the money for a KVD lippie so here we are.
I’m doing a haul post soon 🙂
Back to the lippie.
I wanted to try KVD’s Studded Kiss Lipstick, her bullet lipstick. We already know how awesome her liquid lipsticks are, so I was super curious about this one.
The box is an art itself, and the tube, though it felt plastic-y, is gorgeous.
I opted to go with Bauhau5. I was supposed to get this on liquid lipstick, but decided to go with the lipstick instead.
Here’s a swatch:
- Bauhau5 is an AMAZING color. This reminds me of my current favorite, the Smashbox Electric Pink and Maybelline Creamy Matte All Fired Up. But for strange reason, this one’s a tad bit muted. Maybe because there is no sign of any shine.
- The lipstick is not that bad. I watched in some YT reviews that the formula is drying. It was not the case with this one.
- I was scared when I first swatched it on my hand because it looked very patchy and dry. It was a different story when I applied it on my lips. It’s not the most opaque lipstick I own, but it applied smoothly and evenly.
- It smelled like Mac lippies. Or something. The scent is strong.
- It also applied matte with zero shine.
- The wear is comfortable. It’s not exactly packed with moisture, but it’s not drying at all.
- It also is long-wearing. It does lost its vibrant shade after a few hours, but it left a good amount of tint. I don’t know if the same as the other, lighter shades.
- This is a very good lipstick HOWEVER, I can think of drugstore lippies that can do what this baby can do – and they are significantly less expensive.
- Will I buy one again? If a color truely speaks to me, why not. But I will not, like, obsess over this because as I have said, there are cheaper alternatives that are at par with this lippie.
Do you want me to feature a particular lippie here on Lippie Tuesday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Lippie Tuesday here.