Hey I’m back!
This post has been on my draft for a couple of weeks already, but I’ve been going thru tons of tough thing (alliteration!) soooo… there’s the excuse for my absence. I was mending a broken heart. Still am. But enough about me.
Here we go!
Maybelline is on the role and AGAIN released another line of Color Sensational lipsticks – The Loaded Bolds.
With tons of lines under the Color Sensational, it’s really hard to keep track of what differentiate them from each other. I think The Loaded Bolds’ strongest suit is the range of colors. Literally, they have a white and black.
They were on sale in Lazada for an introductory price of Php 209.30 each. These sells regularly at Php 299.
I bought four colors. I was supposed to get the black and blue, but they were not available at Lazada that time. I asked in the Maybelline counter in San Lazaro last weekend (worst mall ever), and the kind lady there told me they have stocks of the black and white. I opted to wait for a sale.
Here are my picks: The Wickedly White, Midnight Date, Smoking Red, and Fierce Fuchsia.
Fierce Fuchsia. I know I have tons of colors like this in my lippie collections, but I am still soooo drawn to this color. Except for reds, I think this kind of color suits me well. It’s a blue-toned vibrant pink.
Smoking Red. Is a pretty red. If you’re intimidated with reds, this one’s not THAT intimidating. I dunno. Maybe I’m just really used to wearing red so I consider the color of this one as “”muted””. Ok, that does not make any sense hahaha.
Midnight Date. I can describe this color as darker red or wine transitioning to brown. It’s a gorgeous color, specially for night dates – or regular days if you’re like me who likes to wear bold colors.
Wickedly White. It’s white. Straight up white.
Here are the arm swatches in different light settings:
Here, I swatched the colored pigments ON TOP of the white. I didn’t even know why I did that. It did not make any sense.
I will do my best to post a lip swatches of the pigments as well as when they are mixed with the white one.
- I like this line. Maybe on a par with Maybelline’s Creamy Mattes.
- The Creamy Matte’s more creamy (suprise!) and I think the Loaded Bolds are a notch more matte.
- Loaded Bolds have less shine, but not at all drying.
- Because theyÂ have less shine, make super sure that you scrub and/or moisturize your lips. It did not look pretty on my chapped lips, specially the darker shades.
- These babes are super pigmented. Sure, it’s not a one-swipe-pigment kind of lippie, but close. They also apply smoothly.
- I was specially surprised with the white one. I was expecting it to be less opaque, but the color intensity when applied was pretty impressive. I still don’t know how to us it, though. Haha.
- Very comfy to wear.
- Longevity is decent, pretty impressive even for their price. The color intensity will start to fade after your lunch, but will leave a beautiful stain behind (specially the darker shades). They’re good to wear on a busy day if you’re not really in a mood to retouch your lip make up very often.
- I like this line. This is my jam. I have yet to explore the other colors, but I’m eyeing the blue and black. If it’s on sale, I might consider buying some more shades. I am comfortable to recommend this to friends.
Do you want me to feature a particular lippie here on Lippie Tuesday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Lippie Tuesday here.