Movie info from RT:
The tender, heartbreaking story of a young man’s struggle to find himself, told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love, while grappling with his own sexuality.
- Moonlight is an ok film, I guess.
- Some people might like it, but I find it… just ok. Probably my most favorite part of the movie died more than 30 minutes in the movie.
- I have to admire the bold, original plot, though. This deserves an Oscar only for that.
- I think there’s something off about the phasing. Like the establishing shots were maybe three or five seconds longer than necessary.
- I really can’t connect with the characters, aside from the one who died. Of course I am not a gay black man, I know that. But I find the characters of Moonlight lacking some “pull”. I had to guess what the main character was thinking or feeling half of the time.