From the people who gave us Matte in Detail, comes four shades of metallic liquid lippies. Metallic are so in right now.
I grabbed only one color since I just want to try how these feels. Also, I am not a big fan of metallics lippie. Eyeshadows, yes, but lippies? Not much.
I got Rigel, an old rose-ish color. These are available in four shades – Rigel, Polaris (the lightest shade), Pleades (the darkest shade; mejo plum), and Canopus (more red than Polaris). I am basing the color description on the swatches I see online. Teehee.
As you can see below, the tube is larger than their Matte in Detail.
The wand’s really slim. This could be an advantage if your want precise application, and kind of a disadvantage if you’re in a hurry.
Here are the swatches:
- This has a very strong berry smell. Does not bother me, but I’m putting it out there just in case.
- Detail lippies are known for its inconsistencies in formula, so I am only going to talk about Rigel.
- I like this one, specially with the price. It’s a steal, indeed. It’s not super drying like some of their liquid mattes, but it’s not hydrating, either.
- Could be a TAD BIT uncomfortable to wear. It has a slight tackiness, but if you’re used to matte liquid lippies, this is not a big deal.
- I think the color looks darker when applied to the lips compared to the tube. Again, just putting it out there.
- Longevity is… decent. It survived my morning coffee, but the product’s gone at the inside part of my lips at about five-hour mark.
- I find the colors very limited.
Do you want me to feature a particular lippie here on Lippie Tuesday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Lippie Tuesdays here 🙂