Let’s get straight to the point – I have found my new holy grail and I think I will do a great service to all the ladies out there when I write about this magical product.
Colourette is a local brand #pinoymade. You mighy probably heard or read of the brand from IG or Facebook. I already blogged about them here.
My first encounter with them was at PoshMark in Timog Ave. I remember swatching them and they didn’t come off after my night bath. I remember being so impressed that I have to look up how much they cost, and since I was in a brink of poverty (I still am, BTW), I didn’t even consider getting one.
Then I saw L’s swatches and they were gorgeous. Also, at that time they were having a sale so I though that was a good time as any to grab a couple of their products.
Today’s review is the new Colourette MatteMetallic. I also bought a Starter Pak but I will reserve my thoughts on that for another blog post.
Anywaaay, I chose the shade Broadway since lately I’ve been buying nude lippies and my face needed the color. Also, it was the standout shade for me.
I was expecting Broadway to be a vibrant red, but it’s more orange than red. So keep that in mind if you’re considering this color.
Don’t get me wrong, color is still gorgeous.
- If you’re expecting a very obvious metallic effect, this is not it. It has a certain “highlight” look, but it’s very subtle.
- Sure the “metallic”-ness of this added an extra ump and texture to the applied product, but don’t expect a dramatic difference from, say, a matte.
- Again, I am not saying that as necessarily a bad thing. If you like that, I highly suggest this lippie. It’s PERFECT for people who want to go beyond a flat matte, but are not very ready to commit to a dramatic look.
- Application had a little thug, but not a dealbreaker specially the quality of this lippie is – for lack of better term – OMG YESSSS YAAAAZ YEEEESSSSSA!
- This is not the most moisturizing lip product, so I suggest you exfoliate and moisturize your lips if you plan to wear this regularly.
- Though it bothers me kinda that their metallic line has a limited shade range. They love them nude and brown shades, might I tell you.
- The smell reminded me of my Sooper Beaute So Matte.
- I also noticed that the actual product/stick is smaller than other conventional lippies. This bothered me a little at first but after trying one of their lippie and it lasted me the whole day, I was pretty ok with it.
- After my creamy matte experience, I have high expectations on the longevity of lip products. Colourette’s lippies are probably UP THERE with the Maybelline Creamy Mattes in terms of longevity. Dare I say, even better? This goes to both the metallic and non-metallic line. I’M IN LOVE YOU GUYS.
Do yourselves a favor and try these puppies, guys! Ughhhhh yaaaz!
Do you want me to feature a particular lippie here on Lippie Tuesday? Leave your suggestions at the comment box below. Please do check out my other Lippie Tuesday here