This is a part of The Bangkok 2016 Series of blog posts. Please click the link to access the rest of the entries 🙂
Our second home for our Bangkok stay was indeed – a home.
These are the charity bears. A purchase of these lovable creatures will benefit a charity
We were assigned the Grand Deluxe, which includes a dining area, a king-size bed with fluffy pillows (YEY!), a HUGE bathroom, and a kitchen. YUP A FREAKING FULLY-EQUIPPED KITCHEN OMG.
And also this amazing view BTW:
Did I mention the view?
Oriental Residence’s charming restaurant, Cafe Claire is the venue of their breakfast buffet which we were able o enjoy.
The breakfast buffet spread was more westernized, with a little bit of Asian cuisine here and there. You can also order from their Ala Cart menu (I got the waffles, naturally).
They also offer Traditional Afternoon Thai Tea
- Full Disclosure: M was given a complimentary stay at the hotel for two and I was her plus one AKA the lucky friend. We were not obligated to write positive-only reviews. I was not expected to write anything at all (I don’t think they know the existence of this blog). All opinions are my own 🙂
- I highly suggest Oriental Residence, specially if you’re staying in Bangkok for a week maybe. I liked that rooms at Oriental Residence was really more of a residential unit than a hotel room.
- Unfortunately, we were not able to use the kitchen. But people staying long-time in Bangkok could really use this. The kitchen is pretty unique for some hotels.
- Side note: The whole building is not a hotel. There are certain floors which are ACTUAL residential areas. I would LOVE to live in this place 😐
- Unfortunately again, we were only able to try the buffet breakfast one time. On our last day, the bed and the room was WAAAYYYYY TOO inviting and comfortable to wake up early for breakfast. We basically stayed in late and we had no regrets.
- Everyone was so polite and helpful!
For more info, checkout their website here.