The Big Short is about some money and mortgage and banking and selfish people and fraudulent system and the crash of the US market… right?
Here are my thoughts:
- I do really appreciate how the movie dumbed down the whole topic of boring finance and banking and mortgages. I was able to comprehend the topic – albeit not fully so.
- I like the movie. I enjoyed it. It’s very entertaining. I don’t think it would win an oscars, but I really, REALLY enjoyed it.
- The ending was especially… special. It’s pretty anti-climactic, but it’s all part of the story to be anti-climactic. I can’t explain it without spoiling everything.
- Another Christian Bale movie with amazing performance. I’m just too glad he hanged the Batman cape. He’s overqualified for that.
- Steve Carell is love. How I love him in not-so-comedic roles.
As I’ve said, this will probably not win the Oscars, but it is among the more entertaining among the nominees.