I was planning to watch Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron after the whole excitement about the film dies down. However, I was given the opportunity to watch it for free because I have awesome friends. How do you like my life now?
Anyway, here are my thoughts on the sequel. Will contain some spoilers:
– Sad to admit, but whatever magic Joss Whedon put into the making of the first Avenger movie, there was a little of it on this one.
– There’s just too much of the ‘good thing’ (or the awesome action and funny one liners), that it felt borderline exhausting. But NOT Transformers-kind of exhausting. Avengers was STILL very much enjoyable, don’t get me wrong.
– There was no Loki. Sad face.
– Maybe the first movie was really UP THERE, so it’s really hard to replicate that kind of awesome again. Age of Ultron is still very much awesome, but NOT as awesome as the first.
– OMG Chris Evans is gorgeous.
– I found it very suspicious that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would just suddenly change alliances. I mean they were determined to avenge their family’s death by eliminating Stark, then suddenly, boom! They’re part of the team. Wut.
– Also, I think there’s something really weird how Quicksilver looks at Scarlet Witch. Jaime and Cersei Lannister would be so proud. It’s just me? Ok.
– Paul Bettany is love, Paul Bettany is life.
– I had been watching the TV show Agent Carter, so can you just imagine my surprise when I saw Peggy Carter? I died inside. I love Peggy Carter so freakin much *cry in the corner*
– The movie’s just WAAAAY too connected to the Marvel Universe that you’ll miss some private jokes if this was the first Marvel movie you watched. Also, why would this be the first Marvel movie you watched?
Even though it might be inferior than its predecessor, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron is still one enjoyable movie. Literally, there was no dull moment. Bring your kids. They’ll love it.
I suggest you watch this on 3D or 4D. 2D’s ok, but the movie’s strongest suit were the flipping and flopping and the acrobats and jumping and spinning, so might as well maximize modern technology to really enjoy the film.
Thanks, A, for the free movie! xox